Can you tell I am on a chocolate kick? After reading lucysfriendlyfoods blog on “Chocolate Mint Thins” this week (@Lucylox is a Cordon Bleu trained chef who prolifically posts friendly recipes for us allergic folk), I felt brave and empowered to make something new. I was craving chocolate (this is ALL the time, by the way), the recipe appeared to be super-simple, and I just so happened to have all the ingredients on hand.
I’ve slightly altered Lucy’s recipe to include the American unit conversions and other new details. Thank you, Lucy!
Chocolate Thin Mints
(dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate, I used Enjoy Life Mini Chips (soy, milk, and nut free)
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
– Melt the chocolate in a microwave and stir well until smooth.
– Stir in the peppermint extract to taste.
– Drop spoonfuls on a baking sheet lined with foil. I swirl them flat with a spoon.
– Leave to set.